Saturday 1 June 2024

Why I Joined the LPI Board of Directors – Emmanuel Nguimbus

Why I Joined the LPI Board of Directors – Emmanuel Nguimbus

As a computer engineer with 12 years of experience in Africa, I joined the LPI Board to help LPI become the leader in the field of Linux certifications. I want to improve LPI’s marketing and increase the amount of translations of LPI documents into French.

Since 2015, I have been a trainer for Linux and for open source in general. I teach operating systems, cloud computing, and security at a university. Of course, all the courses I teach are based on open source. I’m an LPI Member, LPIC-3 certified, and an LPI Approved Trainer.

I founded Backbone Corp, my first company, in 2013 in Cameroon, and I’m still managing it. I’m also the co-founder of two projects that use only open source software: Teledocta, a digital health platform, and OpenStudi, a Francophone eLearning platform for FOSS.

Whether in the company I run or in the projects I am associated with, I constantly promote Linux. I am a consultant on several private and governmental projects that operate with 100% open source. I am a member of private and public working groups, project teams, monitoring committees, and steering committees. In these contexts, I have been able to familiarize myself with issues of training, management, entrepreneurship, strategy, and governance. All these experiences can add value to the LPI Board.

My current objectives include getting French translations for the Linux Essentials, LPIC-101, and LPIC-102 course materials.

I want to improve LPI’s presence in Africa, especially in French-speaking Africa. My aim is to have more communications efforts there. The more IT professionals receive at least one LPI training course, the more they will be willing to promote LPI.


Mark your calendars for the Linux Professional Institute Annual General Meeting, which will take place on Saturday, June 22, 2024, using an online platform. Members can vote at the meeting to choose the LPI Board of Directors.

Source: lpi.org

Related Posts

0 comments:

Post a Comment