Thursday 20 June 2024

Why I Joined the LPI Board of Directors — Uirá Ribeiro

Why I Joined the LPI Board of Directors — Uirá Ribeiro

As a technologist, author, and trainer, I have devoted my career to bringing technology to people who lack access. I’ll explain in this article how joining the LPI Board of Directors contributes to my goals.

Free and open source software has always been central to my work. In 1998, I established an Internet service provider in my town based on Linux. I have written 11 books covering open source software, published in English, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian. One of these groundbreaking books, Linux Certification, published in 2005, initiated discussions about Linux certifications in Brazil.


I firmly believe that IT certifications can significantly improve people’s quality of life, and there is no greater joy for a teacher than to genuinely help others. I estimate that my training and books have empowered more than 14,000 people in Brazil to learn Linux, and helped thousands to achieve LPI certification.

I’ve also kept up with current computing trends during my 27 years of experience in Internet servers, software development, information security, cloud computing architecture, and IT service management. In addition to achieving all available Linux certifications, I am a AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Architect, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA).

Given LPI’s exceptional role in open source certification over the past 20 years, joining the LPI board of directors is a natural and exciting step for me. My extensive background in IT and education equips me to contribute significantly to LPI’s mission. I aim to expand LPI’s global reach and impact, particularly in emerging regions where digital inclusion can transform lives and communities.

Mark your calendars for the Linux Professional Institute Annual General Meeting, which will take place on Saturday, June 22, 2024, using an online platform. Members can vote at the meeting to choose the LPI Board of Directors.

Source: lpi.org

Related Posts

0 comments:

Post a Comment